Welcome to the LinuxPMI Project
What is LinuxPMI?
- LinuxPMI is a set of Linux kernel patches implementing process "migration" over a network. its goal is to allow you to move a program from your machine to another machine, run it there for a while, and return it without it ever knowing it was gone.
- LinuxPMI is derived from the failed, now dead OpenMosix 2.6 branch.
What are we up to?
- The major work here is on the patch commentaries, as we document the current 2.6.17 & 220.127.116.11 patch sets.
- We're using git as a Version Control System, so for directions on downloading and building, read the Git LinuxPMI HOWTO.
- We've documented a LinuxPMI Kernel Testing Procedure.
- Users interested in testing LinuxPMI should read the Users Guide.
- Our TODO list -- A good place for incoming developers to start at!
- Status -- The last tested status of various versions.
- Frequently Asked Questions go here.
- Join us on irc on freenode at irc.freenode.net #LinuxPMI!
- Our Mailing List -- Courtesy of shogunx.
We've been progressively breaking up the 2.6.17 patches as we commentary them, and working on the 18.104.22.168 branch forward ported by g_remlin, as its commentaried. Guidelines on patch quality levels have been developed for use in this effort.
Old OpenMosix 2.6 PRE-ALPHA Stuff
- The old upstream OpenMosix 2.6 Wiki is at http://howto.krisbuytaert.be/openMosixWiki/index.php/OpenMosix2.6 .
- Thanks to joejaxx, the files that were originally at http://openmosix.unfreeze.net/releases/ are partially preserved
OpenMosix Related Links
These links are to bookmarks I've found useful to reference while reading through OpenMosix source.
- Experiments with the Linux Kernel: Process Segments -- A useful reference on process segments.
- IBM Whitepaper Linux Performance and Tuning Guidelines -- IBM has some useful online whitepapers. this is one of my favorites.
- Interview with Moshe Bar -- Not a bad interview. ignore the ranting in the comments.
- The Open Mosix Stress Test -- Stress test code. Good reading.
- Architectural Review of Load Balancing Single System Image -- A good read on different load balancing methods.
- Old Patches -- historical patches released under the GPL, with all kinds of strange features. collected from when openmosix was a bustling area for research.
Kernel Related Links
- Linux Weekly News - Index -- An index of every linux weekly news kernel page article for the past ~5 years. Ordered by subject.
- Try Asciidoc -- a page that shows you how asciidoc looks when converted to HTML. its what I'm using to test asciidoc documentation before committing to the tree.
- RecentChanges -- Examine whats been updated recently.
- UnsortedInfo -- An unsorted technical dump for information google does not know yet. Not linuxPMI related.
- GiftStuff -- information about GNU GIFT can be found here.
- FaiKvm -- configuration directions for freshly installed machines on http://faikvm.com/
- FreeGeek -- FreeGeek Arkansas Specific Information. bylaws, and such.
- Software Notes -- Configuration directions for non-LinuxPMI Softwares.
- TracGuide -- Built-in Documentation
- The Trac project -- Trac Open Source Project
- Trac FAQ -- Frequently Asked Questions
- TracSupport -- Trac Support
For a complete list of local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.
Please note that all contents in this wiki are licensed under the GNU FDL version 1.3, with no non-modifiable sections.